lørdag den 24. november 2018

The Tales of Rusty 10

Treasure Island part 2

The inactivity did me good, but I needed to keep in shape, so I dug out the gnome's treasure map and went looking. As I reached the ruins mentioned on the map, I tethered Mingus to a tree, and climbed the low hill. The place swarmed with nagas, but I was quite happy to kill a couple of those. It was not too difficult, and a nice change from the Sunhawks. When I had cleared the small structure of nagas. I started searching. It was some kind of temple, now in ruins. Behind a pillar lay an old book, battered and weather beaten, but still readable. The small temple was ideal for living in for some days. I cleared out all the nagas, there were no more living ones around, and found a path for Mingus to get up there, it was not easy, but we made it.

Figthing nagas in the smallest temple. 

 My days studying old scrolls had given me an insight in the healing powers of the Light, but also a fair reading skill when it came to old scribbling. I was able to decipher parts of the book. It was a diary by a night elf - I think - named Nolkai. Another one most probably a human, Andrew Clementine, had scribbled in the book, counting his drinks and drunken exploits. Not a nice read, but Nolkai's diary was something else entirely It ended abruptly with the words: "The enemy is nearly upon us. We've gathered up all the survivors and retreated to the temple to the east. It's the last ground we truly hold on the island, and there is a sense among the survivors that we will make our last stand here. I've taken care to bury my last few possessions on the grounds of the temple, with the hope that someone will find them and know what happened here." I looked to the east, and saw an even smaller structure. I left Mingus in the bigger temple and walked to the easternmost structure. Even more nagas were living there, but they were more of training objects for me, an irritation rather than a threat. It was not easy to find the place, Nolkai had spoken of, but in the end my digging hands found a smallish chest. I brushed the dirt away and opened it, Inside was a slim, golden band with the inscription: "A token for my love to remember me by. May Elune watch over my dear Nolkai." a lantern and some old coins. I did not understand how these items were supposed to tell me, or anybody what had happened. I decided to show the items to one of the anchorites in Blood Watch.
I spent some more days in Nolkai's temple, reading scrolls of healing, teaching Mingus and fighting an occasional naga. One day I found a crumpled letter in a pocket. "Oh yes," I exclaimed, "Odesyus' letter. I got to go to Wyrmscar Isle." From the top of Nolkai's temple, I could see the Island to the northeast. Elekk handler Kessel had said something about keeping his elekks out of water, but I wanted to bring mine to Wyrmscar.





In-game notes: Level 20

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar