lørdag den 17. november 2018

Thr Tales of Rusty - 9

A Treasure Island

In the following weeks I was busy. Sunhawks kept popping up at the most unlikely places, and I was sent to scout and harass them as best I could. An important part of the old Exodar, the Vector Coil, had fallen in very hilly country.
The Sunhawks were there as well, trying to find a way to turn it into a portal, I suppose. In my scouting, I also ran into Cornelius. He had taken an expedition up behind Vector Coil, it was a total failure due to the giant spiders living there. They had caught all of them, and only Cornelius himself had succeeded in getting out of the cocoons, they were spun into. He had tried several times to free his companions, but to no avail. He was almost killed every time. Now he was weak with hunger and the after-effects of spiders’ poison. I gave him some of Lycaeon’s meat, and promised to look after his fellows. It was not easy. The expedition members were wrapped up together with satyrs, flutterers, owlbeasts and an occasional sunhawk. And they had no gratitude left for me when I freed them, they were all quite angry and attacked me the second arms or claws were free. And the spiders did not do anything to help. They tried to spin me in as well, and bit and stabbed at me with their venomous fangs. In the end I had freed all 5 members of the expedition, and they left for Blood Watch immediately, limping and lurching from the poison, but grinning with the happiness of being alive after all. I slept in Tel'athion's Camp, a small hut near the river, it was rumoured that a madman lived out here alone, making strange potions with the red water, but I found nobody and the hut seemed deserted.

Near Tel'athion's Camp

After weeks of being on my guard with every step, I started seeing Sunhawks all over, even in my sleep. I needed to do something else. I then remembered Clopper Wizbang’s treasure map, and decided to go and see what was in there. I asked Exarc Admetius for some days on my own, as I needed to study and meditate and generally collect my thoughts. He was very forthcoming and gifted me with his spare elekk as a reward for all my working. I could also count on help in reading the fine script on the map. Delenn had dug out some more books for me to study, and even an old scroll on healing and the Light as seen by the Naaru.

Riding my Elekk.

My first priority was to learn how to handle my elekk. His name was Mingus, and bigger by at least 3 hands than Fant, the only elekk I had ever ridden. Slowly I walked down to the low ground trailing him after me. Once down there I mounted the elekk. He was surprisingly agile for his size and almost threw me before I got hold of the reins. But then I got the grasp of it, and after some days my behind was sore, but I had grasped the beginnings of elekk riding. The next weeks I dozed in the sun reading Delenn’s books and trying to read the letters in the old scroll on healing. Lycaeon had provided me with some of his delicious food, I needed not hunt or do anything before I felt like it.






In-game notes: Level 18-20

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar