torsdag den 23. november 2017

The Tales of Rusty - 3

More work!

Sometimes I feel like the only able-bodied person on the Isles. A few days after my mushroom-gathering adventure, Tracker Lyceon asked me to get some meat for the hungry population, I was not impertinent enough to ask him if a tracker was not some kind of hunter. He’s a big hunter, when I do the hunting, and he the cooking, but I swallowed my words. When I was about to leave, he asked me to kill some of the royal blue flutterers as well. He told me some high tale of them bringing the crystals’ contamination about. The crystals were a part of the Exodar's drive - the spaceship that is, not the city built inside the ruins of it. I don’t know of any harm the moths do, theyre not even overgrown as were the ones we used to train our skills in Ammen Vale. I think he just dislikes them for their beauty, but matron Mercy taught me to be obedient, so I just bobbed my head.
A friend of mine having a go at the Flutterers

Anyway off I went, but when I passed his hut Anchorite Pathaeus waved me aside. He told me that since I had been around a lot and had been seen in the company of both furbolg and night elves, I would not be conpicious - as he himself would be. He asked me to deliver a letter asking for help from the people of Auberdine. I think pretty little help will be forthcoming, remembering the state of Auberdine and surroundings after Deathwing flew by. But who am I to debate with an Anchorite. I tucked the letter inside my tunic and left with his blessings. I toyed with the idea of buying a ride on a hippogryph, but when Laando told me it would cost me 99 copper, I declined.

I ran. As I came to Kessel’s crossing, Kessel called me. I thought he maybe had some more Sand pear pie for my sweet tooth, but no. He told, that the naga had started raiding his camp at night scaring the elekks. He asked me kindly, but I could sense his anger with the nagas, to kill as many of them as possible, and especially their leader Xiz. He even gave me a banner to plant in his dead body. He would pay me good for the deed, he said.

I told him yes, but I have urgent business in Exodar first. He told me “Then hurry, girl.” But he did not offer me an elekk this time. So off I ran. After crossing the bridge to Bloodmyst, the sun made me feel very hot. I jumped off the bridge and trudged along the water’s edge cooling my feet and enjoying the cool, tangy air. I went along deep in my thoughts when I suddenly heard a spear whiz past my ear. I looked up and saw the rickety stilt huts of Murlocs in front of me. A shiver ran through me. How many times had I heard of a stout warrior or crafty hunter being murdered by those filthy beasts. And now their war song Mgrgrgrgrgrgrlww sounded terrifying in my ears. I drew my sword and hacked my opponent down. It was surprisingly easy, which was a luck, as I was beset by many more of those strange creatures. When I was able to stop fighting, I looked over bloodstained sand and gore. Luckily not much of it mine.
Murlocs!

 I bound my wounds and searched the bodies. Nasty job, but I found a few coppers and one of the fellows even had a pearl and two smallish gems tucked in his pouch. Among the huts I also found some sacks of grain, and I remembered Gurf of the Stillpines complaining of the thieving murlocs when I last visited Stillpine Hold. I remembered something he said about his dignity being hurt. So I proceeded down the coast, gathering all the sacks of Stillpine grain I was able to find, mostly avoiding combat. But as I saw a small treasure chest in one of the houses I thought to myself: “This is my lucky day, maybe I can get enough for a whole new set of mail.” I sneaked up to the hut, and downed the sole guardian before he said more than Mgr... and opened the chest. Those murlocs sure are a strange lot. I found some cheese, half gone but still edible, 15 coppers, some clams and a strange elixir, which I will sell in Exodar. I then hurried on, but the a big, dark murloc stood in my way. He said “Murgurgula...” which I took to mean “Over my dead body!” so I killed him after a hard battle, he was tougher than his looks made me think, and in a pouch on a string round his neck I found a big tuft of Furbolg hair and skin. I cut the string and put the purse in a pocket, thinking that Gurf might want me not to know what was in it. He also had a great looking belt, which I thought Yil, the mail armour merchant in Exodar might be interested in.

I slept that nigth in a tree, shivering in the crisp nigth air, but the murlocs had delayed me and I was not sure I would be able to find my way to the Exodar in the dark.

The next morning I hurried to the Exodar, skirted it and found Kella Nightbow, she thanked me for the missive, and said she would see to it, confirming my suspicion, that people on the Isles have not heard of Auberdine’s fate.

Once inside the city, I went first to the auction house. I had heard that pearls and gems sold for more money there. Then I climbed the strange stairs to Yil’s shop. He inspected the belt, and sold me a whole, new outfit in exchange for that belt and my old armour. Now for a bath and a quiet corner in the inn. I ate sparingly from my bags and innkeeper Breel supplied me with leftovers and a mug of beer. Nice man Breel.

At the Auction House
The inn in Exodar with Breel behind the counter
My new suit of armor







In-game notes: Level 12-15.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar