onsdag den 22. november 2017

The Tales of Rusty - 2

Shortcut to Mushrooms

After the skirmish with the Sunhawks near poor Toolan's body, Aurelon tried to learn me a way to heal with the power, but I did not succeed in grasping what he tried to teach me. In desperation, he sent me on to Azure Watch to learn the Furbolg language and in general be of use as a guard there. Trainer Tullas (a really nice lady) finally told me that the use of the power comes in different schools. I have taken to the fighting part of Paladins’ powers easily, both the aggressive and the defensive side of it. But I seemed to have troubles with the healing parts of it.

Studying Furbolg

My linguistic gifts made it easy for me to learn Furbolg, and I was initiated to the Stillpines, the nearest and friendliest of the Furbolg tribes. Those big, badger-like humanoids had been carving out a meagre existence on the isles before our spaceship crashed there, and the elders tried to help and educate them in every possible way. They took me for a hero, but I did not feel like one. I was still on guard duty, and often picked out for running errands because of my youth and long legs.

Helping out at Azure Watch.


 One forenoon, I was sent out picking healing herbs, the use of which the Furblog had taugth us. I found a wounded lady in the woods. I bound her wounds, as my healing powers still was not anything to speak of. I carried her to Azure watch where and helped healing a strange lady, woo spoke wildly of Demons and Eredar. I was sent to Odesyus' Landing to find her kind, and there I was able to help him and the cook, McWeaksauce.


At Odeyus' Landing

 I bravely fought naga and murlocs, and learned more of the figthing powers of a paladin. I was slowly rising in their regards. In the end the leader of Azure Watch, Menelaous, told me in his own pessimistic way that they need one like me at Blood Watch.

Travelling

The first weeks in Blood Watch were not that different from what I knew. I was hunting bears, picking flowers and training in the ways of the Light, but then the going got tough. Jessera of Mac'aree, an old patriarch of Azure Watch, sent me to pick some mushrooms for his collections. The first two were easy-peasy, and I began to think his warnings were just intended to take the fun out of the trip. But then, as I dived into the blood red river to get to the Aquatic Stinkhorn, my hand was torn by a thousand needle like teeth from an aggressive looking fish, also known by the same name. I clutched the mushroom carefully and swam onto land as quickly as possible. Luckily my mail shirt was tougher than fishys' teeth and I jumped back on dry land. Phew. Maybe Jessera was right after all.
And now for the last one, Fel Cone fungus, a drab, uninteresting one. I searched a long time, tiring in the glaring sun, then finally I saw one in a thicket with a lot of other equally drab mushrooms.
Fel Cone Fungus.

 I picked the largest of them and put it in my basket, when suddenly I was beset by some Sunhawks, who thought the isles were theirs alone. And those sneaky ones came two and two, not much honest combat in that. The youngest was not as good a fighter as me. After his first stab, I blocked his second dagger with my shield, and slashed at him with my sword. He fell to the ground, and stopped bothering me. The second one was a great fighter, bigger than me, with a longer reach. I could not block both of his long daggers with my sword, and the dagger in my shoulder impaired my shield arm. He hit me again and again, and I could not retaliate. I felt my vision blurring - there must have been poison on that dagger - I collected my wits and sent a prayer for help to the Naaru, and They had not forgotten me. I felt a healing wave run through me, and my sword penetrated the assassins' armour. I pulled out the poisoned dagger, bound my wounds, quickly picked up my mushrooms and other belongings and hurried home to Blood Watch.



On my complaining Jessera said he had warned me that mushroom hunting was dangerous business. As he is one of the immortal ones, I think he is more than 25,000 years old, there's no sense in arguing with him. He even hinted that he has more collectibles he want me to get for him. What's a poor girl to do?






In-game notes: Levelling to level 10 then at level 11 fighting two Sunhawks lvl 12. Levelling to 13 at  Bloodmyst Isle.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar